Saturday, April 23, 2005

So, does this place need a maths teacher or what?

This week’s school newsletter included the Governors’ Annual Report to parents. I was pleased to see that in 2004, our school had 101% of its 14-year olds reaching a Level 5 or above.

Now, I know what you’re thinking…what’s a Level 5? Basically, that’s the minimum level of achievement we’d like our students to achieve by the end of year 9.

Oh yeah, I know what else you’re wondering…how’d we manage to have such a high level of achievement with six students absent? Basically, we’re just lucky, I guess.

Ah, right, I know your last question…why didn’t the maths department reach the 112% success rate of the science department? Basically, we’re just slacking, I suppose.

Well, I just suppose that I’ve got my work cut out for me…explaining percentages to the Governors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home