Saturday, March 05, 2005

Snow

I finally figured out how many nowimpisseds it takes to make one snow day: eight. Graycie's right. Yesterday at 7:15, while my housemate and I were waiting for our ride to work, it started snowing. We initially thought it would only be an ohcrud worth. But, at 7:20 the ground was covered, making the total accumulation just over one ohcrap. By the time we got to school about five minute later, we were well on our way to a thisreallysucks. Using a complicated formula involving the rate of snowfall and the acceleration or snowballs towards the school building, I calculated that we were night on our way towards a nowimpissed. After struggling mightily to keep my year 11 students in the classroom, at 9:00 the administration figured that we had finally reached the critical itsaboutflippintime amount of snowfall. By 9:15, all the students were let out to go home. By 9:30 the snow had stopped.

So I went to London.

1 Comments:

Blogger graycie said...

Um. The "eight" is the number of cups in a quart. I think. How amazing that it is also a snow measurement ratio. Quart. Quarts. Quartz. Courts. Hmmm. Maybe not.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home