Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Moon

Forget such rubbish as werewolves and the tides. Let me tell you what the full moon really influences.

Student behaviour.

Don’t believe me? Ask a teacher.

I never used to believe all that about the full moon influencing crazy people. Then I became a teacher. Student behaviour gets markedly worse on the day of the full moon. I’ve gotten so attuned to it that I can determine the phase of the moon just by seeing my classes. And I’m not just talking about some vague general idea of the moon’s phase. I’m talking about pegging the exact day of the full moon. (And that was after being away from a moon-phase chart for months and living in a cloudy, overcast country for several weeks.)

Really.

Seriously, any researcher who is looking to make a contribution to education needs to pass on the differentiation and inclusion and assessment for learning. The real money is going to go to the person who writes this paper: ‘An Explanation of the Lunar-Student Behaviour Phase Phenomenon.’

4 Comments:

Blogger graycie said...

Hospital emeergency rooms and police intake records show increased activity, too. Really.

12:35 AM  
Blogger graycie said...

Hospital emergency rooms and police intake records show increased activity, too. I think I read that mental institutions also show increased craziness, too. Really.

12:36 AM  
Blogger graycie said...

Hospital emergency rooms and police intake records show increased activity, too. I think I read that mental institutions also show increased craziness, too. Really.

12:37 AM  
Blogger graycie said...

It's posting this too many times -- It must be a full moon!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home