Friday, September 02, 2005

The Bugs Over Here

Check out this HFB:

What does HFB mean? It stand for Huge Freakin’ Bug. Here it is next to a ruler:

You’ll notice that even dead with legs folded, this thing is nearly 2.5 inches long. Now, imagine it all spread out, flying around your room.

(Of course, you’ll forgive me for thinking, when I saw this thing flying towards me, that the F in HFB stood for something other than Freakin’.)

I think this is a mosquito. If so, it’s the largest mosquito I have ever seen.

Well, except for the identical one I smooshed last night.

This thing wouldn’t nearly suck a bit of my blood; it would drain me. I can’t imagine the size of the bite. I’d probably swell up the size of a house.

And, since I’m not suffering through this thing alone, here are some more pictures:

If you’re just dying to see this HFB even closer, you can click on the pictures above. Beware, though, that the first picture and the last picture are rather large.


Blogger graycie said...

There is an insect that looks a lot like a mosquito, but it is colloquially referred to as a 'mosquito hawk,' and eats mosquitoes. This is childhood informatin from when I lived in georgis, where ALL bugs are the size of Volkswagens.

A possible way to survive the giant bug problem may be to import bats. A bat will eat its weight in bugs every night.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home