Monday, February 14, 2005

How I Spent Sunday

Well, Sunday morning I got up and ate a nice bowl of Special K Chocolate. (Somehow, I think when you add chocolate bits to a cereal it reduces the health benefits, but who am I to argue with the Spanish cereal industry?) Then, I went for a walk along the beach. It was very, very windy the entire day, but not too cold.

I went to noon Mass at Santa Maria del Mar for the Catalan service. It seems that Salou is in the midst of Catalonia, home to over 10 million speakers of Catalan.

After that, I managed to survive actually entering a restaurant and ordering in Spanish (mostly) and I ended up with what I ordered (I think).

Later, I walked about for a while. I ended up on a high part of Salou overlooking some of the surrounding area. The odd thing was that I was pretty much the only person around. I found a wide, modern road that was deserted. For an American, leaving such a nice road un-driven-upon is, well, un-American. The oddest thing, though, was that at one point, there were chairs attached to the ground...and no people anywhere near by...and no buildings anywhere near by. I took some pictures that I´ll post eventually. Then you´ll see how odd it was.

I ended up finding the beach again and walking along quite a bit of it. I don´t know if it was because it was windy, February, or mid-day in Spain, but I was about the only one on most of the stretches of beach. Odd.

I once more survived getting food. After that, I retired to my apartment for an evening of reading, watching Spanish (and Italian and French, it turns out) telly, and listening to the wind blow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home