Saturday, January 08, 2005

British Television

On my telly, I receive seven stations: BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4, Five, E4, and CNN International. I've managed to get caught up on wathing the Simpsons, Friends, ER, West Wing, Little Britain, and the World Dart Championships.

You've heard of the first four, right? How about the last two? I hadn't. The kids at school told me about Little Britain. It's a comedy that consists of short sketches. It was described to me thusly: "There's this bloke and he's in a wheel chair but not really and when his friend turns his back the bloke in the wheelchair but not really climbs a tree and then when his friend comes back and asks the bloke how he got in the tree the bloke says he fell up the tree." Really. That's how it was described - with no punctuation and a proper British accent.

The World Dart Championships need not description. It's two blokes who are playing darts. That's it. Only, they're in this huge room with people all seated at these little tables, watching and cheering. Not my cup of tea, really, but it's a nice way to practice your maths skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home