Saturday, January 08, 2005

Beverage Labeling

On New Year's Eve, I stopped into a small stand and purchased a "Coca Cola Light." The label was similar to that of Diet Coke (the silver label) only everything else was printed in Russian. A small sticker added later gave the ingredients in English.

Tonight, I stopped into a similar stand and purchased a Fanta Orange. This label was printed in German and promises "Erfrischungsgetrank mit Orangengeschmack." A similar small sticker gave the ingredients in English.

I wonder how many languages I can learn from drinking Coke products?

1 Comments:

Blogger graycie said...

"Erfrischungsgetrank mit Orangengeschmack" means "Fresh-making drink with oranges-taste" or pretty close to that. I think; my German's pretty rusty. This might be a good way to remember it. Or not.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home