Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year's Eve - Part 2

When we last left our story, I was in a nice Internet cafe just off of Leicester Square. After that, I walked about central London a bit - Trafalgar Square, the Embankment, across a bridge or two. I ended up staking out a spot to watch the fireworks...just outside the Embankment tube stop...after carefully verifying with a station attendant that I would be able to take the tube back to King's Cross to catch the train back to Stevenage...the last train back to Stevenage.

Unfortunately, other people, lots of other people, thousands of other people, wanted to use the same tube stop. So, after the fireworks, facing a huge, massive, insane amount of people, we were all turned to another tube station...a ways down the Embankment.

But I ended up making my train in plenty of time.

Nice pictures, including perhaps a short video I took, of the fireworks will be available whenever I find a USB connection over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home