Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Eve

So I decided that it would be fun to go to London for New Year's Eve.

(As a side note, it's neat to say that...it's even neater to be able to accomplish that! But I digress...)

I took a WAGN train to King's Cross Station. Unfortunately, I arrived on Platform 10b rather than Platform 9 3/4, but I got here nonetheless. I ended up at the British Library for a while looking at some of the exhibits. Among other things, I saw several pages from DaVinci's notebooks, the earliest known copy of Beowulf, and some of the tax stamps that helped set off the Revolutionary War.

After that, I took the tube to Piccadilly Square where I walked around for a bit. I passed the Planet Hollywood restaurant which was the eventual target of my last trip to Piccadilly Square. Just a bit further along, I stopped to listen to a band of Indian bagpipers who were raising money for the Asian Tsunami Relief.

After a nice dinner of pizza (yes, pizza...but it had chicken, bacon, and tomatoes...) followed by some tea I found this internet cafe. More details on New Year's Eve will follow later, as will pictures of my first few days here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Frampton said...

Happy New Year! Interesting blog.

You may want to check out my blog "Framptonia" at nathanframpton.blogspot.com, I think you would find it interesting. I have a few contributors. We all have different views so there are some great discussions.

You may also want to try blog explosion to get more readers on your blog. The more Blogs you read, the more traffic you get. I have a blog explosion link on my blog if you want to check it out.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home