Monday, October 17, 2005

I Teach a Bunch of Animals

Despite the title, this isn’t about my year 11s (even though my opinion of them was totally and completely supported by the visiting Advanced Skills Teacher who observed me last week).

No, this is about my year 7s, my little Golden Eagles, Sea Turtles, and Ring-Tailed Lemurs. I had a very nice, differentiated lesson in maths today. I gave a quick fraction pre-assessment and then divided them up based on what they already knew about fractions. Yeah, it’s kinda silly, but it’s better than saying, ‘Slow kids do this…,’ or something like that.

Plus, it was kinda cool when Aaron’s group (that’s Aaron’s cooperative learning group, thank you) was progressing very well and got to the next level and he said, ‘Whoa! You mean we’re Sea Turtles now?!’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home