Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh, thank goodness for the wonders of technology – Part 2

I don’t even know where to start on this one.

It seems that Gregg A. Miller has just won the 2005 Ig Nobel prize for medicine. (The Ig Nobel prizes are given for research on things just a bit too wacky…er…unconventional for the regular Nobel Prize. In 2003, Kees Moeliker won the Ig Nobel prize in biology for the first scientifically recorded case of …goodness…seems I can’t post this from school with these two words in to… in the mallard duck. See what I mean?)

But I digress. Gregg A. Miller won his award for developing (and patenting) Neuticles, artificial replacement testicles for dogs. (And not a moment too soon, I might add!) They are available in three sizes and three degrees of firmness.

(You’ll notice that I have conveniently avoided the entire issue of exactly how Gregg A. Miller conducted the research and development of his invention.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home