Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Visit From America

I’m sure some of you may have noticed, but there has been a rather long gap in my postings as of late. The unofficial reason for this is that just about the only time I get real email (as opposed to email trying to sell me things) is when I haven’t posted in a while and people finally check to see if I’m still alive. You think I’m kidding? I go for months without hearing from one person…two weeks of not posting and she emails to see if I’m still here.

The official reason for not posting, however, is that me mum (‘my mother’) came for a visit. We had a wonderful time visiting places and seeing things. I was a bit concerned, however, the day I helped her put stamps on her postcards. Here’s an actual (*) excerpt from her cards:


Dear _________,

I made it here to England. It’s rainy. The kid makes me walk everywhere – unless we ride the train. Today we rode ten different trains…and it’s only 9:00 in the morning. We’ve seen more palaces and cathedrals that I can count. We’ve eaten nothing but steak and kidney pie. I can’t wait to get back to work so I can rest.

Please rescue me,
Mum


*Note: By ‘actual’ I mean, ‘I’m making this all up.’ We did do quite a bit of walking and riding trains, but there was absolutely no eating of steak and kidney pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home