Thursday, March 31, 2005

Interesting

Ok, so I know that sometimes my grammar isn’t the goodest…um…best. I realize that occasionally my sentence structure is convoluted and odd. I understand that perhaps I could do something to clear things up.

What isn’t too helpful is this grammar checker built into Microsoft Word. Take this sentence from the Salisbury and Stonehenge post:

Anywhere else and this place would be surrounded by tourist shops and businesses all trying to make a profit off of the attraction.

Huh. Yeah. Perhaps it’s not great. An English teacher (like maybe one of you reading this now…) might not like it. But compare it to what Microsoft Word wanted me to change it to:

Tourist shops and businesses all trying to make a profit off of the attraction would surround anywhere else and this place.

Wow! That’s SO MUCH BETTER! Why didn’t I try that in the first place? Or, I suppose I should say, ‘In the first, why didn’t I try that place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home