Thursday, January 13, 2005

My Daily Schedule

Or as we say over here, my timetable.

Each morning from 8:30 until 8:35, we have morning registration. That's like homeroom or advisory - basically, I take roll. Then we have two one-hour lessons. From 10:35 until 10:55, the entire school has a break. There's usually a nice lady in the staff room who pours us tea or coffee if we choose. Next, we have two more one-hour lessons. Lunch is from 12:55 until 1:55. (Yes, an hour for lunch.) Afternoon registration is from 1:55 until 2:15. Then, we have one more hour of class and the students leave at 3:15.

Our timetable is on a fortnightly rotation (that's every two weeks). During that rotation, I see each of my classes six times (or generally three times a week, but sometimes it can be twice one week and four times the next). At most, I teach five classes a day. Sometimes, though, I only teach three or four.

It is nice to actually have a chance to stop and catch my breath every so often. And to be able to sit and enjoy my lunch? I'm still amazed by that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home