Friday, August 17, 2007

Ismok Skaiciuoti!


Ismok Skaiciuoti!
Originally uploaded by matthew_reames.

As a math teacher, I'm always on the lookout for new and exciting math-related objects. And if I can't find new and exciting, I'll settle for old and boring.

This one probably falls somewhere in between. It's not new but I don't think it's too terribly boring. Ismok Skaiciuoti is the name on the box. Inside I found ten wooden blocks. It's basically a set of math blocks rather than alphabet blocks. One block is a standard 1-6 die (with dots instead of numbers), three blocks are printed with various numbers and the other six blocks have numbers on five sides and a symbol (either plus, minus or equals) on the remaining side.

Ah...I can't wait to use these back at school in September! Just think of the possibilities!

(And what does Imok skaiciuoti mean? One google search tells me, "Ismok skaiciuoti iki 10 visomis kalbomis." I'd like to think it means "Math blocks are 10 times the fun!" or something like that...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home