Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vilnius


Vilnius
Originally uploaded by matthew_reames.

So, today I flew from Berlin (Tegel Airport...now I've flown into or out of all three...I flew into and out of Schonefeld in February 2006) to Vilnius, Lithuania.



I haven't done much yet but I did visit the Cathedral and belfry (pictured) and the Gediminas' Tower (built in the 13th to 15th centuries and it overlooks the city). I also did a bit of walking around - I saw the Presidential Palace and quite a few people selling amber.



For lunch I had a rather interesting meal of cepelinai - described in Lonely Planet as "boiled potato dumplings stuffed with meat and covered with bacon, cream and butter sauce"...described by me as "oh...my...what are these two large...things...on my plate?" So for dinner I went to a lovely Indian restaurant and had chicken tikka. (Hey, I'm daring but not THAT daring.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home