Monday, August 08, 2005

Out and About in London

Just walking about in London, there are a lot of interesting things to see. For example, there’s the Gherkin. Here it is with a church in front.


Nearby is the Lloyds of London building. From the outside, it looks like someone turned it inside out. I’d love to see the inside.


One day I was walking by the Tower of London and happened to look over the edge of the bridge. And I saw how the mighty Beefeaters spend their off-duty time.


The Tower Bridge is a very well-known symbol of London. I managed to make it in time for a lifting.



In case you were wondering about the new blog heading picture I’m trying out, there was an outdoor photo exhibition of natural phenomenon around the world. As part of it, there was a giant world map.


London’s South Bank has lots of fun things, including the London Eye, street performers, a book sale, museums, and more. One fun thing is the impromptu beach parties when the river is low.


I think I posted a while back about the spray paint artist on the South Bank. Here he is working on a London scene.


Other sidewalks also have artists. This man was doing chalk art near Leicester Square.


The gardens near Buckingham Palace are particularly nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home