Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Weather

Ah, England. Cold and damp, right? Well, not really. At least, not where I am. Certainly, many places further north (like Scotland) are having very cold weather and snow, but the London area hasn’t been extremely cold since I’ve been here. A few days we had very strong wind. It’s done a bit of raining (but not what I would call a proper downpour). In fact, Chicago gets twice the average rainfall as London (or so say the people from London Walks).

Most of the times I’ve checked, the weather in Roanoke has been colder than the weather here. (Yes, Roanoke did have that really, REALLY warm spell, but I’m talking about in general.) Last Saturday, I sat on a park bench in St. James’s Park and ate my lunch – and I wasn’t the only one. You can’t do that if the weather is awful.

In fact, I seem to remember the weather in Blacksburg being much colder and wetter than the weather so far in this part of England.

But typically, about the only time we have much rain is when I leave my brolly at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home