Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Where I Am This Week

Since I am new to the British educational system, my school thought it would be helpful for me to observe for several days at another school in the county. So, for three days this week (Monday through Wednesday), another teacher from my school and I am observing at Longdean School in Hemel Hempstead. We are spending our time visiting different maths classes taught by a variety of teachers. We will also be teaching some lessons tomorrow.

It is a good experience to be able to watch how other people teach. All too often, teachers seem to end up buried under so much work, there is never a chance to finish any of that work, much less go and observe someone else. It is nice to work in a place where such observations are valued and encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home