Friday, December 03, 2004

The seventh level of hell involves pushing the pound sign to continue



How come things always seem to be more complicated than you think they should be? I tried to order some prescription refills today. After accessing the "Automated Service," which was actually fairly pleasant - all voice recognition with no button pushing, I was told that I couldn't order the refills. So I had to wait to talk to a human. Which then required a call to the doctor - to leave a message. They called back - and left a message - to say the doctor was out today and they would try to take care of it tomorrow.

Now, if it were really an automated system, it would have done all that for me!

Then, I had to call and check on a dental claim (just a cleaning, all routine) from August. When I called in October, I was told it never got there and I had to fax it right then. Today, I ws first told it never got there again. Then I was told it was in Processing but hadn't been entered yet but I was welcome to keep calling every couple of days or so. Of course, all this was after calling the number on my insurance card marked "For Dental Claims, call..." and getting transferred three times.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the customer service rep I finally talked to gave me the real number to call for my dental claims!

Now call me silly, but shouldn't that number have been the one printed on the cards?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home