Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ah...procrastination!

You know, it's amazing the things one can find to to when one is putting off packing boxes.


And now, on a not-so-unrelated note, I got this in the mail today. It's a 1 Gb USB Flash Drive. I got it so that I can take some of my data with me (conveniently) when I move. If you want one, go here. (Don't worry, Mom, I paid much, MUCH less than the list price.)

So, to take advantage of all that roominess, I thought I'd play around with installing Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird on there. And since I was at the library (read: place with free high-speed Internet), I also downloaded OpenOffice.

In case you're curious:
  • Firefox is a FREE, open-source web browser. It's smaller than Netscape and Internet Explorer, it's more stable (at least for me), and it has a lot of nice features.
  • Thunderbird is a FREE, open-source e-mail program. After my copy of Eudora Pro stopped working (probably due to the massive amounts of email I was saving for some reson), I went to Thunderbird.
  • OpenOffice is a set of programs (sorry - "productivity suite") which includes, evidently, a word processor, a spreadsheet program, a graphics program, some presentation software, and some database tools. I've just used it once, but from everything I've heard, it's much better than the Microsoft stuff. Plus, you can't beat the price!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home