Monday, November 29, 2004

Packing

I'm used to living in clutter so the mess of boxes and wadded-up newspaper is, sadly, nothing very new for me. I spent several hours today packing boxes of things I don't need to take to England but that I don't want to get rid of. Thinking it would be fairly easy to get flat things packed, I decided to pack my picture frames. I quickly discovered two things.

First, I have way more pictures thatn I thought I did. Family pictures, pictures of lighthouses, space exploration pictures, punk and skateboarding pictures, good grief! At least they're flat...

Second, without the things on the walls, the house really looks different. As I said, I'm sadly used to the clutter, so it was the things on the walls that made the house look lived-in. Now, as I go up the stairs, instead of seeing my family's picture, I look at the empty spot.

It's kind of sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home