Saturday, April 16, 2005

Friday's Mail

In the post today (Friday), I received an envelope from the Hertford County Council. Of course, I didn’t know it was from them until I opened the envelope…return addresses aren’t a big thing over here for some reason. Inside was my teaching contract. Nice, yeah?

Except for two rather small details. First, today is April 15. The contract is from January 1 until April 30 (that’s two weeks form now). Second, they already sent me two copies of this contract in February.

Also interesting are these facts: the date on the contract is February 24 and the envelope was postmarked two days ago (April 13), I signed and sent back a copy of the contract weeks (months, actually) ago, the contract says I still need to send in a copy of my medical check (first sent last December, again in January, and again in March), a copy of my criminal background check (first sent in December, again in January, and again in March) and a copy of my teaching qualification (first sent last December, again in January, and again in March).

As least I’m getting mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home