Monday, August 28, 2006

Stil Safe in Istanbul

Despite some problems other places in Turkey (and in Istanbul), I am safe and have not had any problems.

Well, no problems other than the Turkish carpet salesmen who seem to want to serve me tea and ıntroduce me to their entire families and adopt me and maybe just show me a carpet or two in the showroom.

Actually, the biggest problem I have had here is the computer keyboards. Not only are there a few extra letters in Turkish and the punctuation marks are moved around, Turkish also has two letters called I - a dotted and an undotted one. (Computer geek explanation of computer problems with the two I letters.) Now, to enter a web address, you use the dotted I which is not where ıt should be. But for an upper case I, you shift and use the undotted I. At least I think so. If my emails and posts look stranger than usual, that could be why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home